Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When A Child Cries.

I recently learned that the the money people spend on pets would be enough to end world hunger. This disturbs me quite a bit. It makes me wonder if PETA is standing for the right thing. They want to help pets while there are children starving. PETA is a great organization, but can we have one as effective for our people? It hurts me that the human race is so selfish. I admit, I am a part of this race, as we all are. But people can save the world if we just HELP.

There are children in the world who have everything they need, and don't even know what it feels like to be hungry. While there are also children being raped, and living on the streets in unsafe and unhealthy environments. I'm not only talking about third world countries, this happens in our own back yard. In our own United States. 

A lesson on humans I learned: they like to ignore things to make it go away. It seems we assume someone else is always there to clean up a mess. If everyone thinks this way, nothing will ever get done. 

I just want to know where our ethics are. Where the help is going. Why the world is still the way it is. There are children who are crying for help. It is only up to us to take the courage not just to hear it, but to listen.

1 comment:

  1. real talk homie.. i especially feel you on this, "A lesson on humans I learned: they like to ignore things to make it go away. It seems we assume someone else is always there to clean up a mess. If everyone thinks this way, nothing will ever get done." its sad that that is so true.

    ReplyDelete